New to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crumb da dumdum

5 Year Member
Hello! I am a Sulcata mom in midwest. I recently acquired a new addition and am very excited! I have had Olive since she was a hatchling and Helga for almost 1 week. They are about the same size (Olive is about 18 pounds and Helga about 15 pounds). I know nothing about Helga, she was an owner dump. I have lots of questions to post in other sections of the forum.[/u]

Attachments

• photo(68).JPG
    photo(68).JPG
    597 KB · Views: 45

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
He Crumb da dum dum:

I read your other post first, so I'm repeating myself here:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Thanks for the picture!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome Stephanie! Wow, we are almost neighbors. I live just a few hours from you! In the picture, which one is which? Glad you have join us here! :tort:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D

They are beautiful....are you not worried about quarantine since there is no history on the newbie? Sorry, I am just funny about newbie health :D

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
Welcome to the forum, fellow Stephanie! :D
Which one is Olive and which is Helga in the picture? Both of them are gorgeous! :tort:

Crumb da dumdum

5 Year Member
Hegla is on the left and Olive on the right. Yeah, I was nervous about bringing her home and just throwing her in with Olive. The vet gave her a good look over so that made me feel better. The other problem was I was limited on my options! I wasn't prepared and didn't have anywhere to put her. It would have been nice to have a heads up so I could have built her a quarantine box. I guess it would have been even nicer if her previous owner did just give up on her. Oh well, their loss is my gain, she's very sweet! She's doing really well now and we haven't had anymore altercations! The difference in their demeanor is incredible. Even though I have had Olive since she was the size of a fifty cent piece, she is more nervous. Helga is very welcoming to people scratching her head and picking her up. Olive is very welcoming to FOOD!

JLSchmittou

5 Year Member
I'm new here too, bit had to give a shout out to my KC peeps! I lived in Brookeside for six years and go back twice a year... I miss it terribly. Congrats on your newest addition!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Pairs can be problematic. I'd look for a similarly sized third one or build separate pens. Especially true in your case given their size and already different personalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.