New to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussTort

10 Year Member!
Hi!

I'm 18 years old, Icelandic and live in Copenhagen.
I got a 3 year old russian tortoise for my elevent birthday. For the past nearly 8 years I've been following the instructions that I got from tje former owner and what pet shop employees tell me. I recently moved to Denmark and had to make a new table for him so I went researching. I found out that I have been doing a lot wrong so I've come to this forum to seek some answers to my questions and hopefully I can be of some assistance to others.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1372666713.455369.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Welcome!! You are at the right place ! :)
I dont know much about the type of tortoise you have but if you ask questions, the experts will answer!!! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi RussTort, and welcome to the Forum!!

That's a great picture! Most of us are always learning...and you've come to the right place for tortoise talk.

I notice that your little guy's beak is slightly overgrown. It might help him be able to bite of bits of food if you would file it down a bit.

RussTort

10 Year Member!
Yvonne G said:
Hi RussTort, and welcome to the Forum!!

That's a great picture! Most of us are always learning...and you've come to the right place for tortoise talk.

I notice that your little guy's beak is slightly overgrown. It might help him be able to bite of bits of food if you would file it down a bit.

Yes, I know. What is the best way to do this?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Feed your tort on a piece of flat slate or rock and that will help to wear down his beak.

Don't chop food up small. Tearing it helps with beak maintenance.

Put a piece of cuttlebone in the enclosure for him to chew on. Some torts prefer the cuttlebone wet, so leave a bit in the water dish.

RussTort

10 Year Member!
Ok, thanks. I already got a cuttle bone but he wasn't interested. I'll try putting it in the water bowl.

RussTort

10 Year Member!
Thank you for the good welcome!

Can't beleive I forgot to introduce the tort. This is Vladimir Putin (because, you know, I was eleven) and he is 11.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1372705270.543892.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy Tortoise

5 Year Member
Hi I am Happy Tortoise and I have an RT named Mr. T who is from Petsmart. He is I think a year old and he likes outside. Welcome to the forum :D

NeuroNaka

10 Year Member!
Los Angeles, CA
Hello and welcome! I'm jealous! I stayed in CPH for a month in the summer of '10 and it was THE BEST vacation I've ever had. I definitely want to go back (when it's warm).

I've learned a ton from browsing these forums. The people here are very nice and accommodating.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: New to the forum

Welcome russtort!

Happy Tortoise said:
Hi I am Happy Tortoise and I have an RT named Mr. T who is from Petsmart. He is I think a year old and he likes outside. Welcome to the forum :D

If he is from Petsmart, he isn't a year old. You have a WC adult. Probably close to 10 years old but the truth is we will never know ;)

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

Status
Not open for further replies.