New to the forums, but not new to tortoises! (lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferretinmyshoes

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Hello all! I've been lurking for a while and would like to become more active, so thought I'd introduce my herd! I've had turtles for as long as I can remember and can't imagine not having any around.

My two sulcata girls are currently 10 years old, the bigger one weighing in around 85lbs last I checked. I got them as hatchlings. Scarlett and Rhett:
Boulders12_zps6a031831.jpg

Boulders11_zps81fcbe6a.jpg

This is Scarlett with my 19 year old iguana:
IMG_6119_zps742bfdf0.jpg

Here are my two male gopher tortoises who are around 45 years old.
Pancakes:
IMG_2073_zps14dfc810.jpg

Columbus:
Boulders18_zps92061b5a.jpg

This is my newest little gem! Keeva is a 5 year old male Sri Lankan Star:
tortoise11_zps42ddb6ed.jpg

And I can't neglect the turtles since they were the start of everything! My two 5 year old ornate box turtles. They hatched at a rescue from an injured wc female:
IMG_2119_zps4eea8d3f.jpg

When they were little:
IMG_5235_zpse24ccd54.jpg

And my 3-toed box turtles, from left to right - Pirate (probably a 3-toed/Ornate hybrid), Raisin, Petey, Bebop, and Lola. Pirate, Raisin and Lola were rehabilitated rescues from GCTTS. Petey is around 30-40 years old (I've had her for 20 and she was a mature adult when I got her) and Bebop is her son, now 10 years old.
photo-5_zpsaf1f3cf4.jpg

In addition to these guys and gals I keep chameleons (panthers, jackson, veiled, pygmies), 2 axolotls, and 2 dogs and 2 cats. You can't be a vet unless you have lots of animals to love! :) I'll be seeing you around the forums!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! Are the two sulcatas clutchmates? You have a beautiful group of not only tortoises, but turtles too!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
*Wolf whistle* :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. What part of the world are you in?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Ferretinmyshoes!

What made you move from Texas to Colorado? I'll bet you miss that nice Texas weather for your reptiles. Did you say you're a vet?

Ferretinmyshoes

5 Year Member
Colorado
emysemys said:
Welcome to the Forum, Ferretinmyshoes!

What made you move from Texas to Colorado? I'll bet you miss that nice Texas weather for your reptiles. Did you say you're a vet?

Thanks! The Texas weather was better for the gang for sure. In fact my mom currently has my sulcatas and the 5 box turtles still in Texas for that reason. I need to get a place with a bigger yard and build a heated tortoise barn before I can bring the big girls here. And she loves the boxies and has a better yard for them right now. I miss Texas for the favorable reptile weather, but Colorado wins in everything else! I love being outdoors, so where better than in the mountains? You just can't beat this (top of a mountain I hiked):
435854e6-4fac-47fe-bef8-6d6381f501eb_zps6b01daaa.jpg

I am a vet, right now working in emergency, but will be getting into exotics more in the next few years as that is what I love. Reptiles are my favorite (can you tell?) ;)

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Florida
So many pretty torts! Welcome to the forums, glad to have another person who is willing to take in and love so many. Rock on, Ferret...and yes, I am envious of that view.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Welcome! Your crew is lovely, and we are glad you decided to join in the fun around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.