New tortoise owner

brownie23

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hey everyone,,

I just bought my Sulcata tortoise. About a month before I bought all the supplies for it and have been doing research for about 2 or 3. I thought I was prepared. His name is Franklin and he moves around great and will roam his enclosure I’ve had him for 2 days. He just won’t seem to eat anything. Or at least not while I’m watching him and I don’t notice any food gone. Any ideas or things to try? I’m kinda freaking out.

Jannra

Canadian Prairie
First calm down a bit. Tortoises don't like change and are often off their food for a few days just because of a change in environment. Make sure he has appropriat light and heat sources. Keep him well hydrated with 20-30 mins warm baths each day and keep offering food. He will probably eat in a few days

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First calm down a bit. Tortoises don't like change and are often off their food for a few days just because of a change in environment. Make sure he has appropriat light and heat sources. Keep him well hydrated with 20-30 mins warm baths each day and keep offering food. He will probably eat in a few days
Just an fyi. Best to ask for the required care info then to assume they researched the correct place, this forum, for their info.
Being a newbie like yourself, we can't assume they did their research on the forum. We have found that most newbies have the wrong info but they don't know it.

Jannra

Canadian Prairie
Just an fyi. Best to ask for the required care info then to assume they researched the correct place, this forum, for their info.
Being a newbie like yourself, we can't assume they did their research on the forum. We have found that most newbies have the wrong info but they don't know it.
That's fair