New Tortoise owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dncekidd

5 Year Member
Hey everyone I'm Nikki! I have done a lot of research on here, so thank you for helping me prepare for my new buddy Cooper. I picked him up yesterday, he is a male Russian Tortoise. I'm guessing about 5 or 6 years old! Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• Cooper.jpg
    Cooper.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Cooper3.jpg
    Cooper3.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 55

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! What made you decide Cooper would be the right addition to your life?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Nikki!

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hi,

Cool tortoise, Cooper. You might double to triple the age estimate. Growth annuli are a hit and mis, but I'd guess 13 to 15 years old. Nice that your photo is so crisp and clear.

Russians are personable.

Will

dncekidd

5 Year Member
Hi I have had a big interest it reptiles. we had some different lizards growing up and I was always like one of the boys up to my knees in mud looking for frogs turtles abd lizards. I've had my own home for about two years and decided he would make a nice office buddy. He is in a rubbermaid container for now with a branch hide on one side that he like climbing on and a flower pot on its side he likes to nap in. My step dad is going to build him a tortoise table and I want to make him a outdoor enclosure next spring when it warms up again. I did a lot of research before bringing Cooper home but I am thrilled I did;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TortForum mobile app

Thanks for ur age estimate. I know it's kind of a complete guess. Either way I am thrilled to have him!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.