Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)

Angel_turtle

Saudi Arabia
I agree, yvonne. That looks like a Souss valley Tortoise to me. Testudo graeca soussensis.

I would love to heard a confrimation from @HermanniChris as he is the expert with testudo!

If that is true i think i might have to research about it to make sure how i should build her new enclosure
And make sure that im taking care of her correctly.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Oh yeah, I just saw the first picture. Definitely not a russian, lol.
What store did you get this tortoise from?

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
The animal is not a Russian tortoise and is in fact a Mesopotamian tortoise (Testudo graeca terrestris) for certain.

Angel_turtle

Saudi Arabia
The animal is not a Russian tortoise and is in fact a Mesopotamian tortoise (Testudo graeca terrestris) for certain.

Is the enclosure big enough?
If not i have a bigger tub that i could cover with soil and make a cave.
I actually searched about the Mesopotamian tortoise and it didn’t give me no information about the enclosure what so ever

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
That’s because the internet refers to them as “golden Greeks” the accurate name is Mesopotamian. Search its scientific name and you’ll find more. You can also visit my site, HermanniHaven.com which has some info on them.
I’m sorry I have to be quick on here but you can find some great information about them on startortoises.net as well.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings Angel Turtle.

I know that living in Riyadh you will not be able to easily find the things referenced here easily, especially things from the big home improvement stores that are in the US like Home Depot or Lowes. Having lived there a few years ago myself, I do know you have large garden centers and Carrefour and other non pet stores where you can look to get things noted here by posters. You definitely want to follow @HermanniChris ‘s care sheets. Larger enclosure, soakings, new substrate, etc.

Good luck, happy Torting!

Angel_turtle

Saudi Arabia
Greetings Angel Turtle.

I know that living in Riyadh you will not be able to easily find the things referenced here easily, especially things from the big home improvement stores that are in the US like Home Depot or Lowes. Having lived there a few years ago myself, I do know you have large garden centers and Carrefour and other non pet stores where you can look to get things noted here by posters. You definitely want to follow @HermanniChris ‘s care sheets. Larger enclosure, soakings, new substrate, etc.

Good luck, happy Torting!

Thank you and i just gave her a soak [emoji23]

Angel_turtle

Saudi Arabia
Ps... when i lived there, we had a large enclosed courtyard AND a Greek tortoise that just loved the courtyard. Maybe you too have one of those, automatic sprinklers, plants, shade, some weeds and grass, no way to escape....

I dont have a courtyard but i will be putting in safe plants for angel just in case she chooses to munch on em!
I’ll be making a cave because tortoises like to hide obviously!
Im gonna put some soil for her to hid in there instead of the little cave.
And i’ll put a corner where i put here food!

nigelpr

5 Year Member
Ok,
I would do anything to keep her healthy
(maybe its a girl or a boy but for now girl)
Thank you for al your help!
I guess is a Russian.....testudo family....I have two....more than 10 years.