newbie! "hatchling"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeg

10 Year Member!
Hello everyone! I would like to start by saying how much I LOVE this app! My name is Michael, I'm 17 and I live on the Olympic peninsula of Washington state.
I got my first tortoises no October twentieth 2011 from a friend of mine. He wasn't interested in them anymore and I have always wanted tortoises, so he knew I would give them the attention they need and he can work on breeding his red ackies.
Anyway, to the story. On the day I went to pick them up I was told she started acting restless that day and she is possibly gravid. The tortoises I acquired are Ibera Greeks. The female is 5 and the male is 3. So, low and behold four days later, she laid her first clutch of her life with a total of 6 six eggs! Well three only turned out to be fertile, and the first baby hatched out on Monday! The female also double clutched and laid 5 more on the twelfth of December. So the pics won't work.I Will try to figure something out later.
NOTE: sorry for the spacy details, it sucks typing on a smart phone.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello and welcome. What a lucky find for you. Congrats.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) Can't wait to see pictures :)

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
welcome! cant wait to see pictures. that pretty neat that your first tortoises laid eggs within a week of you owning them!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Michael:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Wow! That's a lucky break for you. You've always wanted a tortoise and now here you are with several!! I think you're going to find its an addicting hobby.

jkingler

5 Year Member
Welcome! How fortuitous that you always wanted torts, and now you have torts making more and more torts! Haha. Congrats.

Mikeg

10 Year Member!
RE: newbie! "hatchling"

Wow thanks everyone! They are definitely an addiction now! I've already decided what I want my next species to be, I really want some Antakyans. But I might choose to wait because i am going to college soon and I don't want my parents to have to look after my pets for 6 years. They were reluctant to let me have these ones for the same reason, and they told me I would have to find them a home if I do not take them with me. But with the birth of Spike, I think they have grown to love them=P and I still cannot get pics to upload from my phone, I Will use my computer when I get home from work. Thanks again!

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Welcome ! and congrats on the babies, I hope they are all healthy and happy !!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Welcome to the forum! I always love seeing new PNW members. I grew up some ways south of you, and am moving back to the Seattle area at the start of next month!

That is SO cool that you already have babies. Jealous! Definitely remember to post pics when you can!! (Or maybe you already have, and I completely missed them... Lol!)

On another note... TFO has a smart phone app?? Since when? So filing that little piece of info away for if/when I ever get a smartphone... :p

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
WV

Welcome to the forum

Mikeg

10 Year Member!
Ok, I got pics!!!100MEDIA36IMAG0501 [Phal attemp1].jpgIMAG0096 [Phal attemp1].jpgIMAG0102 [Phal attemp1].jpgIMAG0107 [Phal attemp1].jpgIMAG0108 [Phal attemp1].jpgIMAG0109 [Phal attemp1].jpgIMAG0113 [Phal attemp1].jpgIMAG0114 [Phal attemp1].jpgIMAG0116 [Phal attemp1].jpgIMAG0119 [Phal attemp1].jpgIMAG0120 [Phal attemp1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona

That pic of the baby with its mouth open in the egg is soooo cute! What a sweet baby tortoise. Congrats! Did anymore hatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.