Newbie here. 😃

Booherms<3

Location (City and/or State)
Dorset, UK
Hi everyone, I have had my Dwarf Herman's for almost a year she is 3, and am still learning.
She has a table indoors and an enclosure outside. She just seems to bury herself for most of the day though is this normal? I worry that she isn't getting enough light?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hi everyone, I have had my Dwarf Herman's for almost a year she is 3, and am still learning.
She has a table indoors and an enclosure outside. She just seems to bury herself for most of the day though is this normal? I worry that she isn't getting enough light?
Hello!
Can you post some photos of the enclosures? Usually temperatures are the reason for tortoises to stay hidden when outside. And temperatures/lightning when indoors.

Booherms<3

Dorset, UK
The indoor table has no divide in it as I have removed it to give maximum usable space. It is 4ft x 2ft and the temp. Is max 33° min. 11°

The outdoor is 6ft x 3ft and has been positioned have 50% shade and 50% sun. It has a mesh top and for cooler days/evenings a clear rainproof cover which unzips to allow airflow. She is never outside if the day temp. Is below 22°

zovick

10 Year Member!
The indoor table has no divide in it as I have removed it to give maximum usable space. It is 4ft x 2ft and the temp. Is max 33° min. 11°

The outdoor is 6ft x 3ft and has been positioned have 50% shade and 50% sun. It has a mesh top and for cooler days/evenings a clear rainproof cover which unzips to allow airflow. She is never outside if the day temp. Is below 22°
Your indoor temp of 11 seems quite low to me. That is low enough to bring on the desire to brumate, IMHO. How often does it get that low?

If you want the tortoise to be more active, I would recommend a temp range of 29 for the low to 34 for the high.

Booherms<3

Dorset, UK
Your indoor temp of 11 seems quite low to me. That is low enough to bring on the desire to brumate, IMHO. How often does it get that low?

If you want the tortoise to be more active, I would recommend a temp range of 29 for the low to 34 for the high.
The 11° is over night in winter. Approximately 7hrs.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Yeah, as far as I know the absolute minimum temperature would be 13c, only at night if the daytime ambient is high. So I would bump up that 11c to 13-18 degrees Celsius. What is your day time ambient outside the basking zone?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum. I didn't think there is such a thing as a dwarf tortoise

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome to the forum
Give this a read:

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Thank you, outside is 22 and up, today it's 34.
If 34 is an average daily temperature, it's expected that your tortoise isn't very active during the daytime. It tries to avoid overheating. It sounds like an extreme temperature for the UK, though. At what times enclosure is fully lit by the sun? I see that photo was taken at 4PM and if I correctly judge by shadows direction, the fence is on the northern side? If so, you may consider adding more shade like beach umbrella for such extremely hot days.

You have very lovely enclosures, by the way.