Newbie to the Forum

DanielB

Location (City and/or State)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Hi, my name is Daniel, I'm from south texas and I love torts. I really wish this wasn't my first post, unfortunatetly it is. My little sulcata Prometheus, passed away yesterday. He was 7 1/2 years old. Holding back the tears was no use. I'm having trouble believing he's really gone. I will bury him today, possibly under a hibiscus bush so everytime a flower blooms I will remember him. I'm anxious to learn more from this forum, to prevent any future disasters. Although, my family and I aren't ready for another family member, I plan on seaching for another sulcata in the future (possibly a rescue).

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*hugs* So sorry Daniel for the loss of your little one. I do love the burying under the bush idea, it works here for me. When you are ready, there are lots of sulcatas that will be looking for new homes. Had he been sick or was this a sudden unexpected death? Do you have a picture of him?

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Welcome to the forum, but sorry to hear about your Sulcata.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum! Sorry for your loss! You have found one or the few site that can truly feel your pain! I dont know what we would do if WalkingRock passed away....:(

Sulcatas ROCK!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Daniel:

Welcome to the Forum!

Take your time, and wait until you and your family have come to terms with the loss of Promethius, then start looking around for turtle rescues in your city. We get many, many male sulcatas in that need good homes. There's no hurry.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
sorry for your loss. Welcome to TFO from south Louisiana

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your lost . But don't forget the torts and the TFO need and want people like you with that deap down love of torts

DanielB

Corpus Christi, Texas
Jacqui said:
*hugs* So sorry Daniel for the loss of your little one. I do love the burying under the bush idea, it works here for me. When you are ready, there are lots of sulcatas that will be looking for new homes. Had he been sick or was this a sudden unexpected death? Do you have a picture of him?

I noticed he wasn't eating all of his food but he seemed fine other than that. He looked like he usually does when he was asleep but he always kinda moves when I would touch his shell but this time he didn't do anything. It felt as if my heart was in my throat, I was in total shock.
He was always the life of the party. All my friends and relatives were just amazed by him. He always had a crowd around him. I miss him so much!

Attachments

• 403.jpg
    403.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2