Nighttime temps

ddaigle

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
I know nighttime temps are not to drop below 80. Mine have been running about 90, is that ok? Do they need to be at 80 or is it ok to be higher at night?

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
What do your daytime temps look like? I think 90 is too warm for night. Why does it maintain so high? Are you using a thermostat?

ddaigle

Louisiana
My day time temps are 100 to 105. My Thermostat came in today I'm fixing to hook it up.

ddaigle

Louisiana
CHE. I even tried raising it up. That dropped it to about 88. I'm hooking the thermo up now and I'm going to set it at about 82.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
That will work. Do your day time temps always reach over 100? Is this a closed enclosure or open?

ddaigle

Louisiana
Closed I have him in a 40 gallon breeder. He is only about a month and a half old. I bought him from Lance and set it everything up the way Lance told me to. I also live in Southwest Louisiana we are hitting record temps here, in the triple digits! Gator thrives and does awesome when my temps reach 105. He is all over the place and he eats like a garbage disposal!

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
I personally don't let my ambient get any warmer than 95. Just make sure humidity is high, so he doesn't dehydrate.

ddaigle

Louisiana
I soak him twice a day and he spends at least 2 hours a day outside! I keep fresh water available at all times. I brought him to the vet for his health check Monday! He is doing great!

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I think as long as you are soaking and keeping your humidity up it shouldn't be a problem. Speedy is outside every day and triple digits are an every day occurance for us. Speedy is a yearling but I have a similar set up and daytime temps hold around 100. He has been in this tank since day 1 , I purchased it from the owner. The fact that Gater is active and eating well tells me you are doing something right !
m1212.gif