No gas available in south Florida

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
20" of rain in a few hours. Several feet in total in the last few days.
Most in ground fuel tanks are contaminated and trucks can't get into the port due to flooding.
If I didn't know better, I'd think that all of south Florida was really a swamp.
Oh, wait....

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Most in ground fuel tanks are contaminated and trucks can't get into the port due to flooding.
If I didn't know better, I'd think that all of south Florida was really a swamp.
Oh, wait....
And we think we are practically drowning in rain here... Its all about perspective. In a normal year we get about 12 inches of rain for an entire season from about November to May. In light years we only get 2-3 inches. This year was heavy at about 28 inches. 28 inches of rain spread out over 6 months. You guys got that much in a DAY!

I've seen rain like that in Louisiana and Georgia. One cell opened up over us, and if felt like the bottom of a giant swimming pool broke open in the sky. 6 inches of rain in five minutes. That same year in CA we received 2.83 inches for the entire year. Perspective...

I hope your troubles are minimal.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Oh, wait....
Saw it in the news looks bad. I visited Miami and Fort Lauderdale in Feb and could not belive the waves on the runway pics. Hope it stop raining and not too much damage. Keep safe

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Kelly and I drove to Hollywood for lunch. No gas at any stations along the way. But on the way home, we found that one of the stations that had been closed was now open, so we got in line.
I was able to fill up my truck. And I also filled up the two 5 gallon cans I keep in the truck. I was going to use some of that gas for my car. But I ended up giving it all to two of my neighbors.
They'd waited all day long and didn't even look for gas......

And it just got very dark and it's pouring rain again

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Oh, wait....
My niece is due to fly back to Miami next week for her work - I'll warn her to pack her wellington boots!
I hope it dries up soon for you.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh, wait....
Sorry to laugh but yep south Florida is the swamp. 🤗🙏To you