North easter oklahoma

mvskokee

Location (City and/or State)
Broken arrow oklahoma
I was wondering if anyone has kept or keep elongateds or burnese moutains outside with success in Oklahoma idk how qel they would do with our humidity levels. Im from tulsa area

zovick

10 Year Member!
I was wondering if anyone has kept or keep elongateds or burnese moutains outside with success in Oklahoma idk how qel they would do with our humidity levels. Im from tulsa area
I lived in Colorado Springs, CO and can tell you that the humidity there is much too low for the tortoises you mentioned. If the Tulsa area has the same humidity levels as the Springs, I would not recommend those two species.

However, here is an excellent web site with some good info and a possible source for Emys tortoises of both types. John Bailey, who runs the site, could readily tell you if your area would be OK for them or not.

mvskokee

Location (City and/or State)
Broken arrow oklahoma
I lived in Colorado Springs, CO and can tell you that the humidity there is much too low for the tortoises you mentioned. If the Tulsa area has the same humidity levels as the Springs, I would not recommend those two species.

However, here is an excellent web site with some good info and a possible source for Emys tortoises of both types. John Bailey, who runs the site, could readily tell you if your area would be OK for them or not.

I appreciate it. I kinda figured so,we stay are 40-50% in the summer. Bummer but there are plenty of other species that will thrive. I currently keep hermans