Nose boinking

Señor Tortuga

Location (City and/or State)
Nitro, WV
Why does my tort boink things with his nose before he takes a bite? I thought he was smelling them or had some kind of taste receptor in the end of his nose I didn't know about but that doesn't explain why he boinked a dried up bird turd (whitewash only, no poop present) and then tried to eat it or why he did the same thing with a plastic knob.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Why does my tort boink things with his nose before he takes a bite? I thought he was smelling them or had some kind of taste receptor in the end of his nose I didn't know about but that doesn't explain why he boinked a dried up bird turd (whitewash only, no poop present) and then tried to eat it or why he did the same thing with a plastic knob.
Sounds like he's just smelling. They try to eat many things, edible or not. My RF would scarf down a bird tird in a second!

cheesy77777

Michigan

I agree with what Todd said, just sounds like he is sniffing. My cherryhead does the same thing!