Nose line?

Cleopatra 2020

Location (City and/or State)
El Mirage. Az
just wondering if this is something or not to be concerned over I just noticed last night that my little Rosie has a brownish line down the center of her nose did I didn't notice till yesterday...?20200824_132605.jpg

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
I don't know about the line but her Marbling coming in looks really cool!
Snap a few more close up pix of the head, nose. It judt might be substrate laying in the wrinkles..
She doesn't have substrate I just have her on a reptile mat which I was going to ask about in another post if those are any good thought it smelled a little odd in there but could just be me

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
Just make sure it’s fine grade orchard bark
She tries to eat everything that's why I ditched the substrate shes had cypress mulch, orchard bark, coco coir.... I thought the map look like a good option because it had some color for her to look at it and it a little padded better than paper towels did I wish using and changing daily which is what the breeder uses

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
If she's eating the substrate it might be from a mineral or nutritional deficiency. Shes just trying to find what her body needs. I could be wrong, but that seems to be a reason they do that sometimes.
yes I heard the same thing she was also biting at her clay tunnel I thought maybe she needed minerals I give her Fiji Water which supposedly comes from a spring that has a certain clay mineral in it that's really good for you I don't know if it's good for them but she's a reptile so I figured it would definitely be a good thing for her

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
yes I heard the same thing she was also biting at her clay tunnel I thought maybe she needed minerals I give her Fiji Water which supposedly comes from a spring that has a certain clay mineral in it that's really good for you I don't know if it's good for them but she's a reptile so I figured it would definitely be a good thing for her
Try getting MinerAll from LLLReptile and sprinkle it twice a week on her foods like you do calcium. But pick different days that you do calcium

zovick

10 Year Member!
just wondering if this is something or not to be concerned over I just noticed last night that my little Rosie has a brownish line down the center of her nose did I didn't notice till yesterday...?View attachment 304744
I believe that you are seeing the seam between the two prefrontal scales on the top of the head which has become more noticeable than it normally is because some dust such as from coco coir or cypress mulch and/or food debris has collected in it making it more visible. If you take a very soft small toothbrush (such as a tiny children's brush) and carefully brush at it with some warm water, I think you should be able to remove the debris and the seam will become a lot less brown looking.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
I believe that you are seeing the seam between the two prefrontal scales on the top of the head which has become more noticeable than it normally is because some dust such as from coco coir or cypress mulch and/or food debris has collected in it making it more visible. If you take a very soft small toothbrush (such as a tiny children's brush) and carefully brush at it with some warm water, I think you should be able to remove the debris and the seam will become a lot less brown looking.
Mine is a big chicken. So I will do my best for mine lol ?

zovick

10 Year Member!
Mine is a big chicken. So I will do my best for mine lol ?
Yes, sometimes you have to work at these things gradually over time. However, a time goes by, and the tortoise eats and explores more, the stain will come back. It's like a vicious circle trying to keep a tortoise's head clean. If you look at most tortoise's heads, the vast majority of them have the dark stains in the seams between most of their head scales. The older the tortoise, the more noticeable they are.

Cleopatra 2020

El Mirage. Az
it must be food cuz she has no regular substrate

zovick

10 Year Member!
it must be food cuz she has no regular substrate
But in your first post, you said you had used both coco coir and cypress mulch, and the tortoise tried to eat them so you stopped using them. Both of those produce a fine dust which can accumulate in those seams in just a few days and then when the dust gets damp, it may cause stains like what you showed in your photo.