Not eating

Kareem rizk

Location (City and/or State)
Damascus Syria
Hi every one, i have a greek tortoise... Recenlty she was not eating as much as she used to and she is pooping more than it used to... She is also sleeping much more than it used to......
NOTE : it is spring where I live... The tempreature goes up to 34° C in the morning and it may drop to 11° C at night
Is there a problem with it? .. Is she sick? ....please help me
Thank you very much 🙏🙏

PollyAda

West Midlands, England
Hi Kareem - have a read of this thread as it may help you problem solve: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/info-for-new-people-please-read-this-first.202363/

Let us know some more details about how you care for your tortoise as this will help people make suggestions, if needed. As it gets very hot where you live, does your tortoise have plenty of places to thermoregulate - covered areas/deep shade? Does she have access to a shallow water dish that she can sit in safely if she wishes?

Kareem rizk

Damascus Syria
It does have areas wirh shade and it has a shallow warer dish.....i used to feed it almost on daily basis.... It diet consist of tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, capsicum... Though its favorites are cucumbers and tomatoes... So they make the majority of its diet.
It sunath for about 1.5 to 2 hours daily.
Today and yesterday it started to be more active but it still does not eat that much

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Have you read the care sheet on this forum for temperate species? The diet of cucumber and tomato is wrong, and the care sheet will guide you as to the right diet and everything else for your tortoise to be healthy.

Reactions: Tom

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Agree with Tammy, the diet is wrong, start feeding a proper diet. Also the night temps should not go below 60F 65-70 is better, build it a heated night box. Also it needs to be able to bask under 95-100F temps to properly digest it's food and keep things inside working and moving properly
Please read the link that was provided for you and get things set up correctly including the diet.

Kareem rizk

Damascus Syria
Miss fortunately..... It just died and i do not know why? Today it showed severe tiredness and it was openning its mouth widley as if it was chocking on something ..I took it to the vet, he said it had a minor cold, he gave it an injection...six hours later it passed away 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢. Can anyone help me to know the cause of its death.

zovick

10 Year Member!
Miss fortunately..... It just died and i do not know why? Today it showed severe tiredness and it was openning its mouth widley as if it was chocking on something ..I took it to the vet, he said it had a minor cold, he gave it an injection...six hours later it passed away 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢. Can anyone help me to know the cause of its death.
It sounds as though it had pneumonia. The repeated wide opening of the mouth is a sign of respiratory distress.