not moving/active

Levi Schweiger

Location (City and/or State)
Bonny Lake
my tortoise has been sitting in the same spot for almost 2 days now, i know hes alive because he moves when i touch him but only slightly. Should i be worried?

Also ive only had my tortoise for whats going on a week now.

He also wont eat and i hope nothing is wrong

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just answered in your other post about the enclosure. I think the issue is either the type of UV bulb you've got, or that you are using a CHE for basking with no light next to it. Could also be that he's still new and not comfortable in the new territory yet. Might be a combination of all three.

Are you soaking him every other day or so? This will help get them moving sometimes.

Levi Schweiger

Bonny Lake
I just answered in your other post about the enclosure. I think the issue is either the type of UV bulb you've got, or that you are using a CHE for basking with no light next to it. Could also be that he's still new and not comfortable in the new territory yet. Might be a combination of all three.

Are you soaking him every other day or so? This will help get them moving sometimes.
thank you, i have moved a light next to the emitter, what is the right kind of UV bulb. i have both UVB and UVA lights on 12 hours a day. i have soaked him once and he fell asleep during the soak LOL but i will try again. Thank you