Odd egg!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stells

One of my Morrocan eggs is looking slighly odd... i candled last night and have two individual masses in the egg... one bigger than the other both... the smaller one is pulsating like a heartbeat... but seems to have a head... looks quite snail like lol... the larger one is more tortoise like and does move... i'm thinking i may have twins....

Here are a couple of pics i thought i would share of the two masses... what does everybody think.... sorry the pics aren't fantastic... i got a shakey hand whilst taking lol

Mass one... pulsating snail
eggs043.jpg

Mass two... more tortoise like
eggs044.jpg

I will keep you posted on the outcome...

S

stells

I'm slightly worried about it to be honest... and would prefer it if it wasn't twins... i know they can be difficult... i know of one person that has been successful in seperating them and both have survived all be it one very tiny and has had a couple of problems... obviously there will be more people who have been successful with them but it sounds tricky

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
stells said:
I'm slightly worried about it to be honest... and would prefer it if it wasn't twins... i know they can be difficult... i know of one person that has been successful in seperating them and both have survived all be it one very tiny and has had a couple of problems... obviously there will be more people who have been successful with them but it sounds tricky

Ohh no, now I get it! If they are twins they will be stick together! Opss Sorry Kelly, I thought it would be 2 beautiful and healty tortoises. So I really hope it is not twins!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Kelly, I recently had an egg that looked like it had two masses in it and then it went infertile. It was not as developed as yours seems to be. I have heard of twins developing without being stuck together but I can only imagine how tiny and delicate they would be. Good luck and please do keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.