odd maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
I have an eight month old Sully (Cooper), and he almost always takes his nose and bumps mine, like if I hold him up to my face, or if he is laying with me and I lay my head down flat on the bed, he will come up and bump my nose anywhere from 1-3 times. Has anyone else had this experience with their tort? It just cracks me up! Have a good evening!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I have not had that experince as I don't lay with my tortoise due to fear of getting pooped or peed on. Also I worry I will stress my torts out if I hold them up to my big ugly face...:p:p:p:D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Hehe! I always have a thick towel under him just in case! I probably handle him more then I should, but I am just not to smart I guess. If I had more then him I don't think I would handle him as much. Most the time when I have him out he just lays on the bed and sleeps. Have a good one!

pierced_pixie

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
That's cute! I am a first time tort owner and my sully is still teeny tiny so I have not experienced anything like that before :p

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
cemmons12 said:
Hehe! I always have a thick towel under him just in case! I probably handle him more then I should, but I am just not to smart I guess. If I had more then him I don't think I would handle him as much. Most the time when I have him out he just lays on the bed and sleeps. Have a good one!

Having the towel under you is a very smart idea..Once Cooper puts on a few pounds you may start reconsidering. They are very strong when they get big..

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
dalano73 said:
cemmons12 said:

Having the towel under you is a very smart idea..Once Cooper puts on a few pounds you may start reconsidering. They are very strong when they get big..

Oh yeah! Our friend has 1 that is about 7 or 8 and is about 40 pounds and he is so strong! I was giving him a few pieces of some kind of greens and I was sitting on the floor and that big guy crawled into my lap as best he could, and those front legs have some big time power! It was very funny tho so I just sat there and let him try and get all the way into my lap.

pierced_pixie said:
That's cute! I am a first time tort owner and my sully is still teeny tiny so I have not experienced anything like that before :p

I'm right there with ya, Cooper is my first tort. He is getting big fast tho. He is about 8 months or so and is up to about 340 grams already. He was only 50 grams when I got him and 2 months old. I hope u have some cool experiences with your little one as I am with mine. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think he's smelling you. If you'll notice, when a young tortoise wants to smell something, he bumps it a few times.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Okay, so I can forsee the next thread;

"How do you get a tortoise to let go of your nose"

LOL :D

too fun

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Could he be challenging you? you know asserting dominance maybe.

Bubba30

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Well my bubba everytime she sees something colorfull or shiny or interesting she will bump her head into it and then try to bite most of the times but eventually get tired of trying and move on. She is silly very silly

XOXOX BUBBA AND CARLA

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
dmmj said:
Could he be challenging you? you know asserting dominance maybe.

That's it! This tort is going down! Lol! I don't know what he is doing. He never acts as if he is trying to be dominate, just like bumps my nose then most the time he will move up against my arm and go to sleep.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
ascott said:
Okay, so I can forsee the next thread;

"How do you get a tortoise to let go of your nose"

LOL :D

too fun

Bhahahaaa hahaha

That has me cracking up!!! I got a total visual on that one!!!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Ok, so I got the feeling my post was pretty dumb. Ill try to make sure from now on I only post things that are worth posting.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
OMG!!!! Your post is just as important/valid/fun/silly as any other one on this forum..... I hope you don't mean that :( I had fun with it and I think some others did as well.....
:p:p:p:p:p

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Agreed with Yvonne. Your tortoise is smelling you.

M

Maggie Cummings

cemmons12 said:
Sorry, just having a bad day...

Oh come on! You are a grown man who is bumping noses with a tortoise and you get your feelings hurt when we laugh at you? I would think you would enjoy us getting enjoyment from you and the visual of the nose biting. My Bob is just over 100 pounds but he was about 5 pounds when I got him and he would 'bob' his head at me when I held him in front of my nose. All of us tort keepers have had some sort of a bonding moment with our tortoises. And most of us are all friends here and we like to tease each other...keep smiling

Status
Not open for further replies.