Oh No...Not Another Pyramiding Thread!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't know if any of you long time Forum members have noticed it, but today's sulcata keepers are raising some pretty darned smooth sulcatas. More and more pictures lately are of beautiful, smooth sulcatas. Looking back years ago when the Forum first started, it was the norm to see bumpy little sulcatas. But not any more. I feel like a proud mama - and I didn't have a thing to do with it!!

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
This is a direct result of the kindness, knowledge, patience and wisdom of long time members who share their experience and success with the rest of us!

Thanks!!!!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I feel like a proud mama - and I didn't have a thing to do with it!!

Oh yes you did! It has been a TEAM effort from day one. Your help and the help of many people has been instrumental in seeing these changes. No one person gets credit for what our group has accomplished. In fact, I'm prepared to nominate you for MVP, and the all stars team. :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I don't know if any of you long time Forum members have noticed it, but today's sulcata keepers are raising some pretty darned smooth sulcatas. More and more pictures lately are of beautiful, smooth sulcatas. Looking back years ago when the Forum first started, it was the norm to see bumpy little sulcatas. But not any more. I feel like a proud mama - and I didn't have a thing to do with it!!
I agree with Tom.
Without your lead on this forum, the word wouldn't have spread as much as it has.
I believe that the thousands and thousands of people who've read this stuff, even those who have never actually joined, spread the word, and the people they tell pass it on and we are winning the war.
You (and indeed Tom) have been hugely instrumental in the success of this forum and this has, to at least some degree, helped with the well-being of tortoises and the advancement of tortoise care, not just in the US, but many other places, too.
So take a bow.
Be proud. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Now, wait a minute. I didn't start this thread just to receive pats on the back. I was looking (from page 1) at all the beautiful sulcatas in the "show me your sulcatas" thread and it just hit me right between the eyes. We never would have seen so many pictures of smooth sulcatas when I first joined the forum several years ago.

The credit has to go to the members who read our advice and who had open minds and were open to taking that advice. Please don't turn this thread into a let's all pat Yvonne on the back thread. I take no credit at all. My tortoises were just as bumpy years ago, I'm ashamed to say. I took the advice given and all the tortoises I've raised since then look great. It wasn't me. It's a group effort.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Now, wait a minute. I didn't start this thread just to receive pats on the back. I was looking (from page 1) at all the beautiful sulcatas in the "show me your sulcatas" thread and it just hit me right between the eyes. We never would have seen so many pictures of smooth sulcatas when I first joined the forum several years ago.

The credit has to go to the members who read our advice and who had open minds and were open to taking that advice. Please don't turn this thread into a let's all pat Yvonne on the back thread. I take no credit at all. My tortoises were just as bumpy years ago, I'm ashamed to say. I took the advice given and all the tortoises I've raised since then look great. It wasn't me. It's a group effort.
Come Yvonne
You've helped a lot of us in other ways as well !!! So take the pats on the back and just say " thank you " cause you are you a nice ladie and a great friend !!!!!

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Long live tortoiseforum!!!
And you know what?? lately i'm into leopard tortoises. google search for leopard tortoise will always show that well-known WIKIPEDIA as one of the source for information. and yeah!!! who spread the information to wikipedia? they took care sheet that we believe in this forum to their site!!!
You all members should so proud and hug yourself of what have you done to those tortoises well fare.
If tortoises could talk.. they can't say enough thank you..
Here is the link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_tortoise

Keep spreading the words, and i'm sincerely thank you to all of you, i get so many knowledge from here.

M

Maggie Cummings

yep, less pyramiding.....Just teasing, Knobby is a rescue. No telling how old he is but I think 2 or 3. But how do they get that bad so darned young?

DSCN3007.JPG

Actually I have 3 other Sulcata, and all are smooth and for that I thank the TFO members who worked so hard on this....here is my 2 yr old Monster taking his morning swim.....

DSCN2630.JPG