OH NOOOS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerTheTortoise

5 Year Member
So it's the Christmas holiday. I live about an hour and a half from my family. when I come to stay with them for an extended period of time I bring Roger, because he's a baby and I get too nervous leaving him alone. Besides they need a lot of attention. When he travels he's in his old tank, still set up the same (it's just a 10 gal)
Well my dumb self brought his bulb but not the clamp part. But sense I had work this morning and had to drive across town and back, while Roger was at my parents I figured I'd bring it back with me! Great plan!!

Well my mom called and said there was "an innocent but roger is ok"... So of course I FREAKED!!!
Turns out the bulb was too hot and melted the metal bottle it was leaning on and landed on the dirt, turning to burning embers which melted through the 1/2 inch acrylic, and burnt the carpet. Nobody was home. When mom got back my sisters door was shut and when was opened the room was FULL of smoke.
Roger is now in a shoe box with fresh coco coir and his heating pad.

When I got back I soaked him and he explored all over the bathroom when I let him out. He isn't eating, that I can tell, but is still his social self. He was not injured by the was, the was in the other side of the tank!!!
Im nervous... And I really don't know what to do. I'm not sure if he isn't eating because he has been put in a shoe box or because if the whole ordeal.

Opinions and Advise?! Pretttty pleaseee!!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
Just my opinion but he may be really stressed out, give him a couple days and see how things go. Wish you both the best of luck!!!!

M

Maggie Cummings

I figure he's all stressed out from being in a shoe box and a different house and he is probably back to normal now. Did you make sure he hasn't any burns on him? Is he eating now?

Status
Not open for further replies.