OK I FINALLY MADE MY TORTOISE POOL AND HOUSE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
sacramento california
And i planted alotta seeds even tho u prolly cant tell. ive been sayn i was gonna do it for a min so i wanted to do some wood working. I TOOK THE PICTURES AS MINE PROJECT PROGRESSED. Im gonna take picks two weeks from now when theres hopefully growth............any suggestion or critique is welcomE...................! CHECK ME OUT,I PUT SWEAT IN THIS....THIS IS NOW MY OUTSIDE PLAY PEN FOR THREE OF MY STARS HOPE THEY LIKE IT,I HAVENT EVEN GOTTEN TO LET EM USE IT...LOL.

Attachments

• box 00.jpg
    box 00.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 79
  • boc 01.jpg
    boc 01.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 35
  • box 000.jpg
    box 000.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 38
  • box 2.jpg
    box 2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 47
  • BOX.jpg
    BOX.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 42
  • MMS_Resized_Pix.jpg
    MMS_Resized_Pix.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 40
  • MMS_Resized_Pix (1).jpg
    MMS_Resized_Pix (1).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 40
  • box 12.jpg
    box 12.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 73
  • box 11.jpg
    box 11.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 06151816.jpg
    06151816.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 149

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I like it, though i have to ask, any particular reason you hinged the top like that?

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
To be able to get in of course SIR without tipping it upside down and disturbing plants that will be growing also to put in and pull out hay,and to get them out without feeling around blindly inside the cuttout doors

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
thank all...............i was expecting alittle critique of sum sort but thanks. There isnt anything i should or could do better???

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
SILVERSTAR said:
thank all...............i was expecting alittle critique of sum sort but thanks. There isnt anything i should or could do better???

Well I mean, there are always things that we can add to our enclosures. Some people like to make the enclosure a little more interesting for your tortoises. Fore example, by adding different hides or placing things in the enclosure, your tortoises aren't looking at an open area and they won't focus too much on trying to get out. They're attention is placed elsewhere.

I don't know the size of your stars or how active they will be...but the hide seems a little big for the little pool and it might not be enough room for them to walk around. But they might be really small and the picture doesnt really show the true size of the actual pool.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
you will want to be sure they cant climb over the sides or the corner where the box is..
and if you dont have rock on the bottom for drainage,, or maybe even if you do.. be sure to poke holes in the bottom of the pool so water can drain out. Big rain-no drainage= flood

M

Maggie Cummings

While I appreciate the work you put into it, I think it is too small for 3 tortoises and I think it would be better to make a pen on the ground so they can graze and make it bigger so they have room to exercise and get stronger and more healthy. Now before you yell, remember I said I appreciate your hard work...And you did ask for a critique...:):):tort:

I also think any tortoise worth his salt can climb out using the box...

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
i wouldnt yell of course... MAGG, i like the critique i like the fact that you guys let me know about the drainage and rocksi may put drainage holes too, i planned on putting a tarp on em if it rained but keep in mind i only am gonna be putting em out there at day time,they sleep inside and ur right they are small in fact ones so small he will barely be outside without being monitored by me.I CAN SEE THEM OUTGROWING IT THO,CUZ IT IS SMALL I BUILT THE BOX BIG CUZ THERES THREE TO HOUSE IN THERE AND I MAY JUS PUT THAT BOX IN A BIGGER SWIMMING POOL eventually,oh and MAGG i wish i could make a pen on the ground but i live in an apartment for the moment(but looking at houses)with a small back patio.ITS AT LEAST FENCED IN AND SOMEWUT SECLUDED.id never leave em out over nite tho.

i dont fully trust the bums cuz they do steal cans off people back porch,i dont save cans fortunatly but if i did i could see em hopping my fence and seeing my tortoise pen an at least be curious about it,and its not jus bums that steal cans its younger can collectors too.

Status
Not open for further replies.