On back

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrtle651

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NYC
I had to upright my hatchling twice so far. I was watching when it happened once in the bermuda grass. I watched for about 2 minutes and then I put him on his feet. I also found it in the sand (which I will replace) and I put him upright. Are they good at getting back on there own? How long can they stay like that?

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
My Sulcata did that a lot the first year, kept me worried all the time. Do you have him in a glass tank? If so put paper around the outside so he cant see through. Is he climbing something that he flips over when climbing? I took everything out that Tank could flip himself on until he got better sense. Torts are not good at righting themselves so check on him often. Not sure how long they can stay like that but im sure someone else can give you that answer.

myrtle651

10 Year Member!
NYC
I have them in a plastic under the bed storage bin. I have it enclosed in a wooden box I made. I will get pic`s soon. I built up around all the rocks and other things that could make them flip over with grass.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Sounds like you are doing what you can. Just keep checking on them. During the night they should be fine because they should be sleeping. During the day check every couple hours or keep them in a room that you are in a lot. This is just one of those things that hatchlings do.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
If you know where and how it flipped.. then start by removing that.. change a few things.. if it flips over int he water or under the heat lamp.. it could be bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.