Should i leave an Instructional?

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I'm curious, should I leave a book of instructions for using the equipment& appliances in my home for the new owners?

Do you guys?

I have a few things here that some might not be familiar with such as a gas fireplace, skylights with their different opening systems, water treatment system, remote control house lights, electronic shades and drapes & various pumps. I suppose I could assemble a book of sorts within an hour or two which would make their life easier than reinventing the proverbial wheel.

We sold the home to a young family, 1st time homebuyers.....i want it to be a "good thing" and not a nightmare for them.

Is a book a good idea or should I not worry about it?

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I'm curious, should I leave a book of instructions for using the equipment& appliances in my home for the new owners?

Do you guys?

I have a few things here that some might not be familiar with such as a gas fireplace, skylights with their different opening systems, water treatment system, remote control house lights, electronic shades and drapes & various pumps. I suppose I could assemble a book of sorts within an hour or two which would make their life easier than reinventing the proverbial wheel.

We sold the home to a young family, 1st time homebuyers.....i want it to be a "good thing" and not a nightmare for them.

Is a book a good idea or should I not worry about it?
I think they would probably appreciate it very much,if you could find the time.
Angie

Reactions: Ink

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You can but not needed. I have never bought a house with instructions.
What I did get with my last house was all the appliance and booklets, warranty, etc.
One thing you could do, is throw out any extra keys or label them. Two full sets of keys are all that's needed. Any more needed, let the new owners make them.
My house came with so many keys hanging all over the place and we have no idea what they go to.

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
I really try to imagine myself in the situation .... would I feel more comfortable if I had some instructions for devices I've never used?
You seem to be a thoughtful person, I'd be willing to bet you write down a little something for them.