On My Own...

Joanne

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire, UK
I'd like to apologise in advance... I'm on my own in a horrible hotel for training for work... so I'm going to be commenting on lots of threads!

Hope that's not a problem :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LOL, sorry your in a horrible place. You could start your own thread, something like. "Bored, stuck in Hotel". Then have your first post say "wanna talk stupid tort stuff" or anything else:D :)

Joanne

10 Year Member!
Lancashire, UK
this could be that very thread!!! :p

I'm scared of letting my tortoise walk around on the floor incase I step on him :-/

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Be sure to visit the Pretend Chat thread. Ummm did you vote in the photo contests yet?

So what are you training to be or to improve your knowledge of?

Joanne

10 Year Member!
Lancashire, UK
network switches! When my boss asked me about it on thursday, I didn't really want to do it... but career progress and all that.

I shall get browsing the forum! I haven't voted on the photos. One of my favourite bits too!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Its not the best idea to let your tort roam on the floor anyway. If you do want to, sit and watch him, then put him back in his own enclosure.
Are you at least located in a fun city? What kind of temps are you in. What kind of view do you have? How long do you have to stay there. Any good plans for dinner? That should get this thread going too.

Joanne

10 Year Member!
Lancashire, UK
hahahah. I'm in Maidenhead which is about 20 miles outside of London. It took me 4 and a half hours to get here... I had KFC for tea at a service station on the way down.

I'm here for 3 nights (urgh)

As for the view, I can see my car in the little car park, but it is very dark!! I'm sure I'll be able to see more in the morning.

I've looked on google and the training centre is only a 3 minute drive. I'm tempted to walk, but it'll be dark when I'm walking back... don't fancy it!

Also, the carpark I'll be using tomorrow is a high tech one. I've signed up to a website which will read my number plate and charge my card for the amount of time used... which is pretty cool... no having to find change or look after a ticket! (all this will be claimed back from work though!)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Joanne said:
this could be that very thread!!! :p

I'm scared of letting my tortoise walk around on the floor incase I step on him :-/

I for one am very much against tortoises running loose in the home. There is your worry of stepping on them or closing a door on them. Then there is all those tiny things that end up on the floor even in clean looking homes... lint, threads, hair, rubberbands, ect.., Plus anything you clean with can leave a residue (sp?) that could be dangerous. I just think how many times and how much water I runover anything I clean that is tortoise related. You just can't do that on the floor. What if you spill something on him, like a hot liquid in the kitchen? Plus the floor is almost always chilly in any house. Those are just some of my thoughts, fears, and feelings on the subject.

Joanne said:
hahahah. I'm in Maidenhead which is about 20 miles outside of London. It took me 4 and a half hours to get here... I had KFC for tea at a service station on the way down.

I can't remember, is tea like a lunch?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, it's too bad that it took a flea-bag hotel to get you to post more on the forum. :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yvonne G said:
Well, it's too bad that it took a flea-bag hotel to get you to post more on the forum. :p

I hadn't gotten around to looking at it like that, but Yeah pretty bad!! :D :p :D