One Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I bought an adult female cherryhead about 1 week ago and she hasnt eaten really at all. I know it takes time for a tort to get use to the new environment. Some torts are quicker at this than others. Last night in the night hot box she laid 1 small egg. I was told she is probably not eating because she is gravid and Im thinking this is the case because of the egg. The egg was in the warm box all night and put in the incubator in the morning. Need to wait to see if its good

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
She may have more eggs to lay. Have you set her habitat up so that she has a nice deep area to dig in?

EricIvins

5 Year Member
I've not found that to be the case at all - You may be dealing with a Egg bound Female, especially if she doesn't have the right substrate to lay in........

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Update she just laid one more egg keeping her temps up and humidity and hydration

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Sounds good Red' your doing everything on key ....I myself have had surfaced/shallow layed eggs that turned out to be viable ....BTW~ As emmys mentioned keep watch and give her plenty to dig in , nice and moist. .....good luck!
:)
JD~

Status
Not open for further replies.