One more season for this wagon? Maybe? lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I have that Gorilla cart too. I used it to haul my Manouria around.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
LOl maybe one of those electric scooters:
delivery-turtle-scooter-white-background_990095-2435.jpg

Shellion Mama

South Texas
I actually use my gator. I haven’t used the dump bed. My husband built a ramp with a platform I can back the gator up against and they walk into the bed.
They like going for rides. We take them down to the shallow part of our spring fed creek on hot days.
I also have a gorilla cart. Mine is 25x56, the metal mesh type. My son cut a piece of plywood for the bottom and it came with a plastic sheet for the bottom that covers the plywood.
Your sully is a cutie.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I actually use my gator. I haven’t used the dump bed. My husband built a ramp with a platform I can back the gator up against and they walk into the bed.
They like going for rides. We take them down to the shallow part of our spring fed creek on hot days.
I also have a gorilla cart. Mine is 25x56, the metal mesh type. My son cut a piece of plywood for the bottom and it came with a plastic sheet for the bottom that covers the plywood.
Your sully is a cutie.
The metal mesh one is exactly what I'm considering.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The metal mesh one is exactly what I'm considering.
None of those will work Tim.

I learned about these $200 Rubbermade carts at Home Depot from a guy in FL. I had no problem moving his 250 pound tortoises around giant multi-acre pens all by myself when I was there. The price tag seems ridiculous compared to all the other carts on the market, but I can tell you from first hand experience, it is worth every penny if you have to move any tortoise larger than 50 pounds. And they last forever, and the big wheels make it easy to get over rough ground too. I bought my own when I got home and use it almost daily.

Tip it down, slide the tortoise in, tip it back up, and roll. Upon arrival at your destination, tip it back down and let the tortoise out. He preferred putting them in head first. I prefer butt first, as it makes the "dismount" more graceful at point B.
th.jpeg

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
None of those will work Tim.

I learned about these $200 Rubbermade carts at Home Depot from a guy in FL. I had no problem moving his 250 pound tortoises around giant multi-acre pens all by myself when I was there. The price tag seems ridiculous compared to all the other carts on the market, but I can tell you from first hand experience, it is worth every penny if you have to move any tortoise larger than 50 pounds. And they last forever, and the big wheels make it easy to get over rough ground too. I bought my own when I got home and use it almost daily.

Tip it down, slide the tortoise in, tip it back up, and roll. Upon arrival at your destination, tip it back down and let the tortoise out. He preferred putting them in head first. I prefer butt first, as it makes the "dismount" more graceful at point B.
View attachment 368040
I forgot all about that type of cart. Point well taken, Tom! Looks like it would be easier on my back which, admittedly, has seen better days.