Online breeder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cre8ruckas

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia, PA
Whats the best online breeder to purchase a baby sulcata?? I find sooo many online and prices range from 80-129$ for hatchlings.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
tortoisesupply, yes, they are a good place to buy from. That is Tyler Stewart, he is a member here and will treat you well.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I believe that spikethebest, Cory, will ship. He has a "for sale" ad too.

Cre8ruckas

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
thanks emysemys, now i just have to find that ad....lol.

tortoise supply dont have any hatchlings available right now just checked...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Don't worry about the price. A few bucks one way or the other won't matter in 10 years. The health and shell condition will matter right away and forever. Find one that has been started and raised right. Also get an older one to avoid the potential problems associated with delicate hatchlings. Tyler at http://www.tortoisesupply.com/ usually has yearlings for sale. I've seen them personally and they are well started and healthy.

Disclaimer: To be fair, Tyler is my friend, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have great torts and excellent customer service.

Cre8ruckas

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
o im not worried about the price, i just want a healthy and happy tort. I was just looking for hatchlings due to the fact that our little guy is only about 3in now and would like to get one close in size so houseing them together wouldnt be an issue for the time being, untill they get bigger of course.

any experience with "spikethebeast" on our forum i just contacted him about a hatchling..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tyler had some at the show that just mix just fine with your 3 incher.

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Traverse City, MI
Tom said:
Disclaimer: To be fair, Tyler is my friend, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have great torts and excellent customer service.

I just purchased one of my Redfoots from Tyler, and he provided excellent and professional customer service...and most important the tort is in great shape! No health issues at all. I have never met Tyler in person and did not know him before our recent business, but I hope to do business again with him in the future.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
In most parts of the country its too cold to ship now. Also, most torts hatch in spring/summer. Also agree price should be bottom of the list. Have you put thought into how it will be to have two adult Sulcatas? The high potential for two enclosures, since you can't be 100% sure of sex nor personality? My personal recommendation would be to see how you do with one adult first, and then later, adopt another adult sulcata.

Cre8ruckas

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Making room for 2 very large torts wouldnt be a problem, were actually looking for buy a new house in the summer or so and were deffently looking towards something with tort room for that purpose. Comming from a family of animal lovers, having rotties, large iguanas, 13ft snakes,etc. were used to keeping large pets lol. In our house search were leaning towards large fenced in yard, 1 car garage or better and they when the time comes we can do an tort shed in the back yard lol.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Cre8ruckas said:
contacted spikethebeast on our forum no answer so far, i called, emailed etc. so still searching....

He's a little bit busy right now. I'm sure he'll get back to you soon. I know he doesn't have any sulcatas right now, but he might be able to find you one soon. Is Tyler sold out? KBaker not have any right now?

Kuro

5 Year Member
Mick at Arizona Tortoise Compound has several sulcatas available

Status
Not open for further replies.