only in Kona's world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So. Cal desert
I was watching him today and he kept fussing with his face. Went over to check him out thinking an ant or something was bugging him. I couldnt see anything, eyes ... everything looked okay. Then he did it again, hiss then rubbing his foot along his face. I look closer and the only thing I can see is what seems to be a tiny little piece of flakey skin on the side of his nose. I tried to get it with my nails but he pulls in his head ... but I did manage to touch it. Its not on the 'side' of his nose but IN his nose. I go for it again but .... hiss, pulled his head in again. But now I see something sticking out about an 1/8th of an inch. 3rd times a charm and I'll be darned if it wasnt an almost 3in piece hay that went straight up his nose. I'm glad it wasnt shorter and it went all the way into the nasal cavity where I couldnt see it. That would have been a fun vet visit.
Oh well gotta have one problem child in the bunch. Here are some Kona Pics.
DSCN2951.jpg
[/img]
DSCN2958.jpg

And Moe
DSCN2952.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Kona is a very pretty tortoise. He's lucky you were able to fix his nose problem!

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
emysemys said:
Kona is a very pretty tortoise. He's lucky you were able to fix his nose problem!

Thanks .... I think he's pretty cute too. Sure is an edgy little guy for one that cant use his back legs much. It sure was a surprise to see how far up his nose that straw went. But I suppose it has to happen every now and then while they are rustling thru foilage.

Status
Not open for further replies.