Oops!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Juniper the Redfoot came to stay with me for a while, and unless she changes her ways it will be a short while. Juniper is petite and perfect. Her keeper and I met here on TFO here as he was looking to rehome the tort. He came Wednesday and I guess I passed muster because he brought Juniper today at noon. After some conversation I offered to foster the tort until he can put together an enclosure at his parents property. The keeper said it's female because her plastron was flat, not concave. I say it's gonna be concave cuz it ain't flat. So in keeping with today's fashion we will refer to Juniper as they/them.
The story you are about to read is the truth, the whole truth and nothing including the truth. Well...this part is...the 'K' man brought Juniper today at noon. We talked for 5 minutes and he left, I put them in the pen and went to fix some food for her. I was probably gone 4 minutes and when I went back outside the damn thing was gone. Oh hell...be still my heart. I set up that pen making it escape proof, but Juniper was gone.
100_7693.JPG
Everybody knows I build pens using cinder block,for Sulcata, I figure a single row of block would hold a Redfoot...especially this small tort. They are 7" scl and I didn't weigh them, but not a pound.
100_7712.JPG
And between noon and 3:30 they escaped 4 count'em FOUR freakin times. And found on their back 3 times. Gonna make me have a heart attack.damn... Each time the escapee went back to the same spot and climbed out. You know how we always refer to Russian tortoises as escape artist? They ain't got squat on this athletic little beast. They climbed a 2 high solid wall of block. My Sulcata Mary has just started climbing over 1 high block, but this little red beast scales it like Spiderman. Serious
100_7714.JPG
100_7709.JPG
The tail is held in so tightly I can't every glimpse cloaca
100_7710.JPG
I thinking it's going to be a bumpy ride, interesting, but bumpy
100_7693.JPG

Attachments

• 100_7692.JPG
    100_7692.JPG
    737.9 KB · Views: 15

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Juniper the Redfoot came to stay with me for a while, and unless she changes her ways it will be a short while. Juniper is petite and perfect. Her keeper and I met here on TFO here as he was looking to rehome the tort. He came Wednesday and I guess I passed muster because he brought Juniper today at noon. After some conversation I offered to foster the tort until he can put together an enclosure at his parents property. The keeper said it's female because her plastron was flat, not concave. I say it's gonna be concave cuz it ain't flat. So in keeping with today's fashion we will refer to Juniper as they/them.
The story you are about to read is the truth, the whole truth and nothing including the truth. Well...this part is...the 'K' man brought Juniper today at noon. We talked for 5 minutes and he left, I put them in the pen and went to fix some food for her. I was probably gone 4 minutes and when I went back outside the damn thing was gone. Oh hell...be still my heart. I set up that pen making it escape proof, but Juniper was gone.
View attachment 325210
Everybody knows I build pens using cinder block,for Sulcata, I figure a single row of block would hold a Redfoot...especially this small tort. They are 7" scl and I didn't weigh them, but not a pound.
View attachment 325211
And between noon and 3:30 they escaped 4 count'em FOUR freakin times. And found on their back 3 times. Gonna make me have a heart attack.damn... Each time the escapee went back to the same spot and climbed out. You know how we always refer to Russian tortoises as escape artist? They ain't got squat on this athletic little beast. They climbed a 2 high solid wall of block. My Sulcata Mary has just started climbing over 1 high block, but this little red beast scales it like Spiderman. Serious
View attachment 325212
View attachment 325213
View attachment 325214
View attachment 325210

After examining that face, i truly think you are in for a load of mischief! Good luck!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 325210
View attachment 325211
View attachment 325212
View attachment 325213
View attachment 325214
View attachment 325210

TaylorTortoise

Abington
View attachment 325210
View attachment 325211
View attachment 325212
View attachment 325213
View attachment 325214
View attachment 325210
Soooo.... THE situation with the owner? Does the owner expect to have their tort back (Junpier) but it got lost within 4 minutes of placing him outside?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
View attachment 325210
View attachment 325211
View attachment 325212
View attachment 325213
View attachment 325214
View attachment 325210

Only you Maggie..
Only you my friend. ??
That’s why you are AWSOME!!!!