Opinions on frozen fruits

wolfkat

I just want to get people's opinions on buying frozen fruit to feed. Viva is still pretty small so when she eats fruit it's not much so I was wondering if it would be fine to buy frozen fruit for her and let it thaw out before I give it to her. That way I'm not wasting a ton of money on fruit that is going to go to waste. Has anyone done this before? Do they notice any differences in feeding fresh vs frozen?

Thanks!

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So FL
I use frozen organic blueberries and strawberries. They are 100% natural. No sugars are syrups added. I'm sure other fruits are ok too. I warm them up in a glass of water before feeding otherwise they will eat them still frozen. Not sure 32 degree food is healthy.

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
IMHO frozen fruit is AWESOME b/c when it thaws you'll have more "juice" due to the freezing than fresh fruit. The juice will readily flavor the greens and veggies that should accompany the meal. I usually pour the fruit into a dedicated cup (just for this purpose) fill it with hot tap water and by the time I get out of my morning shower it's thawed. On a different note you can always adopt a healthy diet yourself and incorporate fruits in your daily meals that way you can stick with fresh.. A redfoot is a good excuse to eat better, at least for me