Opinions on this please?

Lizzyblob

Location (City and/or State)
UK
We’re renting temporarily while the house move process drags on and on, so I can’t build the permanent enclosure of my dreams for my tiny two year old Hermanns. However, he does need somewhere safe to get some sun on his shell.

I’ve seen this online that might do for him for now, while he’s small. It has a bottom so he could have some earth in there but not actually burrow out and escape into the wild (goodness, does he love to dig, but he doesn’t understand how little he is, or that there are predators!).

Has anyone got this, and does it look like it might suit as his daytime sun home until next summer? I’m not quite sure what the sides are made of. If they’re glass, I suppose I can just replace them with mesh?

Interested to know what people think. Thank you!

Ricky j

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
We’re renting temporarily while the house move process drags on and on, so I can’t build the permanent enclosure of my dreams for my tiny two year old Hermanns. However, he does need somewhere safe to get some sun on his shell.

I’ve seen this online that might do for him for now, while he’s small. It has a bottom so he could have some earth in there but not actually burrow out and escape into the wild (goodness, does he love to dig, but he doesn’t understand how little he is, or that there are predators!).

Has anyone got this, and does it look like it might suit as his daytime sun home until next summer? I’m not quite sure what the sides are made of. If they’re glass, I suppose I can just replace them with mesh?

I've seen several videos of people using these I have no experience with themnterested to know what people think. Thank you!you will get the answers ur looking for once more people are up and moving

Interested to know what people think. Thank you!
I would think it would be okay as long as ur tortoise can bury itself but I'm no expert on that kinda enclosure Tom the dog trainer and or Yvonne would probably knows better