opinions please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Blgreek08 said:
Until my Baby Red foots are Larger and cant be picked off by a bird or something i want to get something that closes them in for outside. i have a large yard and i know this isnt that big but can i get opinions on if you would use it or not. im new to tortoises.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3006740&f=PAD/psNotAvailInUS/No

Your link didn't direct to a specific item for me. If its the triangle zoo med playpen or square zoo med tortoise house I would say save your money and build an enclosure with a screen or wire top.

Blgreek08

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Beaver Falls, Pa
thats what it was but ummmm yeah about building things. i would spend less money buying it because i cant build things last time i tried i spent sooo much more then i would have to buy it lol

theelectraco

5 Year Member
The zoo med tortoise house has a base so putting it outside would give em natural sunlight but not an opportunity to graze. You can remove the base but it will effect the structural integrity of the enclosure. The playpen is pretty small but give the oppurtunity to Graze. You don't have to build anything super fancy or elaborate screw some 1x12s together to make a box, staple some wire or screen to it and you're set. It may not be pretty but it would be more functional then either of those premade options

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
You could make one that is fairly cheap and all it would really require is drilling some screws and digging. Walls out of shelf board or ripped plywood that Lowes or Home Depot will cut for you. Pre-cut stakes for wall supports. Hurricane clip corners and some 1x4 or 2x4 that they will cut too can be hinged really easy and wire mesh stapled on to that. Standard fair stuff. One of the members, Emy maybe, just used standard garden edging fencing and made one for like all of $10. Except there is no top.

Status
Not open for further replies.