Our introdcution !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I just realised I never actually introduced myself and Tallula properly.

My name is Stacy, my fiance is Nick, and our 8yr old Jordanian Greek is Tallula :D We are South African's, living and working in Dubai, and we met Tallula here, where she came home with us and is here to stay :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum Stacy, Nick and Tallula :). I heard a lot of good things about Dubai, apparently it is beautiful there :).

Stazz

5 Year Member
Hehehehe thanks for more welcome :p Thought I'd just do it properly!

It is beautiful....very different to home !!! We love it here, but will go home one day. I come from Cape Town in SA, now THAT is beautiful....google it Isa ;)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz said:
Hehehehe thanks for more welcome :p Thought I'd just do it properly!

It is beautiful....very different to home !!! We love it here, but will go home one day. I come from Cape Town in SA, now THAT is beautiful....google it Isa ;)

Wow, I googled it and it is amazing, very beautiful. The water is an amazing blue and it looks very peaceful. It must have been very hard to leave home.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Ohhh yes, was definitely hard....but loving it here too! It's very "cosmopolitan", and we love packing our bags and heading to the desert here for a camping trip to get away from the buzzing city hehe.

Where do you live? :D

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stazz said:
Ohhh yes, was definitely hard....but loving it here too! It's very "cosmopolitan", and we love packing our bags and heading to the desert here for a camping trip to get away from the buzzing city hehe.

Where do you live? :D

Wow, it must be so nice to go in the desert :D! I live in montreal, Quebec, Canada. I live in the suburbs but I work downtown in the city.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Oooooooh thats awesome, Canada ! We were/are looking at working there for a year,after Dubai, and before we go home.....but may just go home :)
The desert is very very beautiful, and it's fun seeing a herd of 80 wild camels chilling out in the middle of no where lol :p

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the form Stace, Tallula and Nick. Stace. Will you be able to take Tallula home with you when you leave Dubai? How long will you be there?

Stazz

5 Year Member
Well luckily it's pretty easy to travel with her - not too bad really. We'd need an export permit to get her out, but thats pretty cheap and there is no quarantine time which is AWESOME ! Trust me, I don't care how much it costs to get her home, she'll be with us all the way :) There is no way in heck that I'd part with my little one :) hehehe.

We plan to stay here for another two years or so, then move to Durban in South Africa, which is a very humid climate like here :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Hi! I think seeing a herd of wild camels is something none of us will be viewing! I enjoy the way everybody here sees something different outside their windows and can share it with us. Also makes it interesting to find out how their care of torts is different from ours. So very glad you found us!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Hiya Jacqui !

Absolutely - I totally agree that it's so awesome to see how differently some people live, I mean some of you on here have deer, or bears, or monkeys or whatever coming into your back yard, or you can see it when you drive down the road....and I see camels !! Hehehe. I'll post some pics of a few camels I've come across, I'll post them on "All other photo's" in the forum.

Thanks so much - I am extremely happy I found you all hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.