Our tort just does not want to drink water

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocflyfish

5 Year Member
Hello,

Leo simply refuses to drink water when we try to soak him. We put him in a tupperware container and he spent the next 10 minutes trying to escape from it.

Any tips, hints, etc on getting our friend to drink?

chadk

10 Year Member!
The point of the soak isn't that he'll just sit there and drink and drink. Most will not want to sit still. But you just let them sit and soak anyway.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
As long as you have water in the enclosure you are sure is easy to get in & out (and kept warm), soak regularly, and he dot have signs of dehydration, I wouldn't worry. I also wet the greens thoroughly to help a bit.

desertsss

5 Year Member
My torts will hardly ever drink when I soak them. However, they still drink sometimes in their enclosure if they need. Does your russian drink in his enclosure?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Some torts will drink from a sprinkler or running hose.

yvonne

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
Charlie goes for a bath at least once a day on his own, we were worried about not seeing him drink much, but he has been fine for 2 years getting moisture from his food and when he needs it will drink on own. Just make sure your tort has a water dish or water bath that he can get in and out of.-- Charlie for the past 3 weeks has been thinking it is funny to drag his greens into the water bath.

Status
Not open for further replies.