Out doors

Hayleyy

Location (City and/or State)
Wales
I’m just wondering is it too cold now to leave your tortoise out side during the day?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What species? What kind of enclosure? Sun or shade? Dry or damp? Windy or still? There is no simple answer. All of these things are factors.

Hayleyy

Wales
What species? What kind of enclosure? Sun or shade? Dry or damp? Windy or still? There is no simple answer. All of these things are factors.

Hi

He is a Hermann. It’s a secure enclose on the lawn it is exposed to damp and wind he does have a wooden shelter that he ties use.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi Hayley

And welcome to another Brit. I live in Kent

Things are cooling down right now,, but the right answer depends very much on the size/age of your tort.

A big old tort like Joe would still be out day and night right now. It was over 20C here today and the ground temperature in full sun is very much warmer than the recorded air temperature in the shade.

Have you seen my thread about keeping a tort outside in the UK? It may help you with your questions
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/outdoor-accommodation-in-a-colder-uk-climate.140866/

Hayleyy

Wales
Hi Hayley

And welcome to another Brit. I live in Kent

Things are cooling down right now,, but the right answer depends very much on the size/age of your tort.

A big old tort like Joe would still be out day and night right now. It was over 20C here today and the ground temperature in full sun is very much warmer than the recorded air temperature in the shade.

Have you seen my thread about keeping a tort outside in the UK? It may help you with your questions
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/outdoor-accommodation-in-a-colder-uk-climate.140866/

Hi

Thanks for your reply I will look at your thread thank you