Outdoor enclosure HELP!!

Tort1419

I have a huge dilemma and I need help. My Russian has a huge indoor enclosure that he spends everyday living in. He loves it and is very healthy. I went with a large indoor enclosure because time outside is very limited for him so I wanted him to be happy because he is going to be indoor a lot. I will be lucky if I get five months of nice weather for him.

Anyways it's time for him to get outside for some fresh air. I Wish not to trouble my parents again and have them help me build another stable enclosure so I was thinking if i could just get a small tub/trough which is probably half the size of his indoor enclosure fill it with dirt and stuff and stick it on the patio with an easy access chicken wire lid. The main dilemma is that I don't want my tortoise to hate being outside because his space is smaller.
Should I just go for the smaller enclosure so he can get some good sunshine and air. My current indoor setup is 31.25 square feet and is in an L shape

If the small outdoor enclosure is not suitable for him let me know. I will just have to figure out another way.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California

Tort1419

So what size baby pool do you think will be good enough. Also do I need to cover it with wire? @Tom thanks for your honest opinion

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Always go as large as you can, so if you are going with a baby pool use the largest one. It won't be ideal, but you can work with it and make it better then never being outside. Are you thinking short outside time or all day long?