Outdoor enclosure ideas

ErinLaForce16

5 Year Member
I'm about to start building a outdoor enclosure for my future tortoise and would like some ideas about how to build it and what to put in it. I'm going to get either a Red foot tortoise or a yellow foot tortoise. I have a space in mind in my yard that would make a very big enclosure. I don't have the exact measurements yet. What have you built your outdoor enclosures out of? How do you keep the tortoise from digging under your fence? Any information about outdoor enclosures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Redfoot don't dig and won't dig out.
Look on Youtube under REDFOOT ENCLOSURE FLORIDA STYLE.
It's my simple, enclosed, wooden pen that was simple and inexpensive.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Is this area already shaded? Hi w is water run off during heavy rain? Any flooding issues? Are you wanting a cover or open? One you can easily walk in?

ErinLaForce16

5 Year Member
Is this area already shaded? Hi w is water run off during heavy rain? Any flooding issues? Are you wanting a cover or open? One you can easily walk in?
It's shaded in the evening but I'm still going to build a shaded area for the tortoise. There shouldn't be any flooding issues, it's been raining almost every day this week so I'll have to watch that area to make sure it doesn't flood. I'm going to have the enclosure covered with a net or something like that so no animals can climb in.