Outdoor enclosure roof

mrhoyo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Sheldon didn't get to be outside much this summer due to poor weather. We're thinking of putting some kind of plastic top on the enclosure so he can go out more in the usual conditions we have here in the North of England.
Does anyone have a plastic top on their outdoor enclosure? We currently have a couple of mesh doors but obviously that doesn't do anything to help the temperature or keep the rain off.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If it were me, I would put up a plastic green house that he can go into and yet still walk out of. On sunny days it will be nice and warm inside and out and on rainy days he can stay in. You can also heat it some if needed. It won't hold heat in the winter really cold months.

mrhoyo

5 Year Member
UK
If it were me, I would put up a plastic green house that he can go into and yet still walk out of. On sunny days it will be nice and warm inside and out and on rainy days he can stay in. You can also heat it some if needed. It won't hold heat in the winter really cold months.
That's not a bad idea, might struggle getting a full greenhouse in there but a smaller one could work.