Outdoor Enclosure Size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
I found some "mini fencing" on Lowe's that members suggested. It's around $4 for one piece of a 12" high by 3ft. long. So I'm going to buy 6 of them and make a 6ft. by 3ft. outdoor enclosure. Is this big enough for a 4" female russian tortoise? I know they need a lot of room, is this enough of it though? I'm going to pick up the fencing tomorrow because I want her to be able to get outside as much as possible before the cool weather comes around.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
My out side pen is 6x8 feet and most important if a tort can see out the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence not sometimes always they will climb ,dig , or plow through the fence. But you do what you think is best.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utica. MI
Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
My out side pen is 6x8 feet and most important if a tort can see out the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence not sometimes always they will climb ,dig , or plow through the fence. But you do what you think is best.

is that really all that maters? the way to keep them from trying to escape is to make them think thats the only land available for them to live in? if they cant see out they wont go out? i mean it makes sense, but what about burrows? what if you already made them a burrow, why will they try to make multiple burrows?

Status
Not open for further replies.