outdoor enclosure

Kylee L.

Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville, FL
Hi! So were moving to Florida (from SC) a very sudden turn of events. I would very much love to have Sheldon, 3 year old Russan, outside. I would prefer to have an enclosure that he can spend the day outside and bring him in at night or during large storms. I tend to have it covered and partially in the sun and partially shaded. Any tips/hints/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi! So were moving to Florida (from SC) a very sudden turn of events. I would very much love to have Sheldon, 3 year old Russan, outside. I would prefer to have an enclosure that he can spend the day outside and bring him in at night or during large storms. I tend to have it covered and partially in the sun and partially shaded. Any tips/hints/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Russians are escape artists, and FL has lots of predators too. Make a large cage for him. Use pressure treated lumber to make a frame and hang welded wire on it.

Kylee L.

Jacksonville, FL
thank you. I was going to use his indoor enclosure, and just cover the top, it's a wire cage that I lined to keep substrate in and is water proof

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello. Maybe you could use the indoor enclosure until you can get one built for outside. Of course the way Tom said. I'm just wondering about the rainy season and depending on where you are moving in Florida. You may still have to be able to bring him inside at times. Best wishes.

Kylee L.

Jacksonville, FL
Hello. Maybe you could use the indoor enclosure until you can get one built for outside. Of course the way Tom said. I'm just wondering about the rainy season and depending on where you are moving in Florida. You may still have to be able to bring him inside at times. Best wishes.
yes! I have a small indoor enclosure as well for rainy times and storms.