shellandpenny

Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, Florida
hey guys..

I have two Russians and they’re both about 2 years old, housed together. I keep them inside now but am contemplating moving them to my screened in porch. Safe from elements, but still outside. I do live in Florida where it’s hot and humid. Has anyone in Florida ever kept their Russians outside?

Also, if I do move them to the porch, would they still need a basking and uvb light?

Just looking for some tips! Thanks in advance guys :)

MrMarg&me

Temecula California
Russian tortoises should never be housed together. They are extremely territorial and what appears to be affection to us is actually intimidation. The only time it may work is if the enclosure is very large and there is a large herd. One male many females. As for keeping them on the porch screens block the beneficial rays of the sun that a tortoise needs.

shellandpenny

Tampa, Florida
Russian tortoises should never be housed together. They are extremely territorial and what appears to be affection to us is actually intimidation. The only time it may work is if the enclosure is very large and there is a large herd. One male many females. As for keeping them on the porch screens block the beneficial rays of the sun that a tortoise needs.

alright I’ll keep their light out there. Thank you!