Outside enclosure

Janet_1117

Location (City and/or State)
Santa Fe, Tx
This is what 1 week of no cutting the grass looks like here! Insane! My question is, is this too much for Janet? Do they like the tall grass or would they prefer shorter, easier to maneuver around in grass? I’ve been out of state for about 5 days and got back tues. I didn’t want anything to happen to her while I was away, so my only instructions were to make sure she was feed and watered and left alone in her inside enclosure. Now, it’s like a tiny little jungle. Lol. I put her out yesterday and Tuesday in it and I mean I can’t really tell how she likes it? She does eat it but it’s like,...A lot! IMG_9935.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They prefer to munch on shorter blades of grass. When it gets tall like that it's not quite as tasty.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I like the taller stuff for cover and humidity. Maybe mow or weed whack some patches and leave some for cover.

Janet_1117

Santa Fe, Tx
I like the taller stuff for cover and humidity. Maybe mow or weed whack some patches and leave some for cover.

That’s what I was doing. I don’t know if you can see in the pic but there are patches that are considerably taller. Those areas, I had been allowing to grow for extra hide, humidity and shade. Thanks!