Outside in the Uk

Alicestort

Location (City and/or State)
Sussex
Hello, I’ve recently revamped my tortoises enclosure for outside and have a few questions I’m hoping you can help with.

He’s got different terrains and heights but I’ve noticed on a lot of picture I’ve researched there’s always like a greenhouse thing - does anyone know the best way to make one of these on a budget? I assume it’s so if the weather isn’t that great they’ve still got warmth.

As I live In the UK and weather is unpredictable he won’t always be out here but I want him out as often as possible, should the tortoise house have heat lighting (the tortoise house is something that still needs to be worked on, it won’t just be brick and wood) again any advice on outside tortoise houses would be appreciated!

Ive attached some photos.

It will have chicken wire around and over it to stop seagulls and foxes!!
IMG_0251.jpg

ColinS

Manchester
The greenhouse thing is called a cold frame and yes. Very easy to make. I have a small one with a basking bulb for the mornings but as the sun creeps over onto the cold frame I switch it off as it can get really hot in there!

Alicestort

Sussex
The greenhouse thing is called a cold frame and yes. Very easy to make. I have a small one with a basking bulb for the mornings but as the sun creeps over onto the cold frame I switch it off as it can get really hot in there!

Is there a way to get a bulb outside without having wiring into the house?