Overrun!

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
I think, isopods maybe a way to go. There are really cool ones - orange, fluorescent and such. And they don't really show up in the bright day light and are busy little folks - fun to watch them sometimes.

Substrate change won't help. I've surprisingly got a colony of springtails in a bearded dragon terrarium which is not that humid at all :) But they are confined to damp areas - under the dishes and such.
Yeah I really want to get some! I love the dairy cow ones!! So damn cute! I think they’re reluctant me introducing more bugs in the fear they’ll also boom beyond control and annoy squirt by crawling on her, I’m already a bit worried the springtails are starting to annoy her a bit because of the sheer numbers, wouldn’t want that with the isopods😣

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Yeah I really want to get some! I love the dairy cow ones!! So damn cute! I think they’re reluctant me introducing more bugs in the fear they’ll also boom beyond control and annoy squirt by crawling on her, I’m already a bit worried the springtails are starting to annoy her a bit because of the sheer numbers, wouldn’t want that with the isopods😣
They may "boom" for a while. But once they are done with springtails - the population will self-regulate. One more thing about springtails - they eat mold and spores. And to be honest, it's better to have springtails in the enclosure than fungus outbreak.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
They may "boom" for a while. But once they are done with springtails - the population will self-regulate. One more thing about springtails - they eat mold and spores. And to be honest, it's better to have springtails in the enclosure than fungus outbreak.
Good point, I definitely like having them in there, tells me I’ve created a decent enough environment to hold some bio life, it’s just intense how many there are and I can’t seem to bring them down😬I’m going to try and chip away at them to let me get isopods🥲
Should I worry about them crawling on her? Like I say, during soak time they’ve started crawling on the legs and head, I’ve seen her eyes flinch a bit when they get close, I can’t be sure they aren’t doing it in the viv too, do you think that’s potentially stressing her? Also should the isopods stay off of her?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Good point, I definitely like having them in there, tells me I’ve created a decent enough environment to hold some bio life, it’s just intense how many there are and I can’t seem to bring them down😬I’m going to try and chip away at them to let me get isopods🥲
Should I worry about them crawling on her? Like I say, during soak time they’ve started crawling on the legs and head, I’ve seen her eyes flinch a bit when they get close, I can’t be sure they aren’t doing it in the viv too, do you think that’s potentially stressing her? Also should the isopods stay off of her?
She might be more interested in isopods than vice versa (yummy!).

One thing which comes to mind - if there are vents in the bottom part of the enclosure, can you open them? Someone mentioned, that they don't affect humidity and temperatures much and at the same time keep mold from growing.