P.Pardalis Breeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Who has 100% pure p.pardalis? I mean actually have the parents, I have came across countless ads..but noone can produce the picutures of the parents, except for wanda patterson. Should sellers have paperwork for the parents? I mean if your going to pay top dollar for a p.pardalis shouldnt they have paperwork on where the parents originate from?

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
spikethebest said:
i have parents. but i have no paperwork. what paperwork could you have?

You have p.pardalis? I know you posted an ad on kingsnake, but I assumed you purchased them at wholesale. Anyways, the importation of Wild Caughts stopped in 2000? I'm guessing you have paperwork on where these leopards came from, right? west or south africa? A P.pardalis is double the price of a P.backoki. There are too many hybrids out there. I just want to make sure what Im buying is a pure p.pardalis.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
the ad on kingsnake is going to be from a wholesale buy. but i do have an adult male p.p, and at least 1 maybe 2 female p.p., and they are mating everyday, and when they lay eggs and i see the hatchlings, i will know they are p.p.

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
spikethebest said:
the ad on kingsnake is going to be from a wholesale buy. but i do have an adult male p.p, and at least 1 maybe 2 female p.p., and they are mating everyday, and when they lay eggs and i see the hatchlings, i will know they are p.p.

Post the pictures of adults. I want to buy 2 P.pardalis from different bloodlines. Hopefully I get a pair.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
here is the male...

28wpkx1.jpg

elcysm.jpg

25u7h1v.jpg

one of the females...

http://tortoiseforum.org/Thread-my-new-leopard-tortoise-she-s-a-biggie

Az tortoise compound

5 Year Member
Arizona
How many people actually have paperwork? The best I could ever show someone is a string of emails or the name and number to the person I got them from. I don't buy breeding size tortoises unless I know the person or they have verifiable references.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Tortuga_terrestre said:
spikethebest said:
i have parents. but i have no paperwork. what paperwork could you have?

You have p.pardalis? I know you posted an ad on kingsnake, but I assumed you purchased them at wholesale. Anyways, the importation of Wild Caughts stopped in 2000? I'm guessing you have paperwork on where these leopards came from, right? west or south africa? A P.pardalis is double the price of a P.backoki. There are too many hybrids out there. I just want to make sure what Im buying is a pure p.pardalis.

100% p.b.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Tortuga_terrestre said:
Who has 100% pure p.pardalis? I mean actually have the parents, I have came across countless ads..but noone can produce the picutures of the parents, except for wanda patterson. Should sellers have paperwork for the parents? I mean if your going to pay top dollar for a p.pardalis shouldnt they have paperwork on where the parents originate from?

Jeff Gee here in AZ has P.Pardalis hatchlings for sale frequently. His add says $100 each in 100 lot, it doesn't mention anything about purchasing them individually but I assume he would...
I have heard from a few reliable sources that his are 100% p.pardalis. Other than that I think Wanda Patterson is the only regular breeder of p.pardalis. I'm not sure if Richard Fife breeds them, I know he has p.pardalis though. Mine are small, but pure p.p. so if you're not in a hurry I can have some in about 10 years for ya.

There is no paperwork required for these types of tortoises that I am aware of, I'm sure Danny would know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.