My interesting purchase

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
First weigh in. Love these boogers ImageUploadedByTortForum1395610538.350395.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395610553.635746.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395610565.310397.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sierraviewranch

diamondbp said:
First weigh in. Love these boogers

Hey Byron, love the first "weigh-in". Reminds me of "Biggest Loser" but in this case, "Biggest Gainer"! They all continue to look great. I DO miss each and every one of them. I was really getting to know their personalities. I'm thankful that they have a wonderful home with you and your other beauties!

Sue
Sierra View Ranch

Mick.Ire

5 Year Member
they are stunners, one of my babies hatched with odd markings too, it's two clutch mates not so much so I'm not sure if it was a one off or the mother has some PP blood, the father is 100% babcocki.

here's the 3 of them and then some of the strange marked one. What do you think?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I think yours has a very babcocki shape but it is interesting that it's got a double dot scute. The skin also looks very babcocki from what I can see. Genetics are a funny funny thing.

sierraviewranch said:
diamondbp said:
First weigh in. Love these boogers

Hey Byron, love the first "weigh-in". Reminds me of "Biggest Loser" but in this case, "Biggest Gainer"! They all continue to look great. I DO miss each and every one of them. I was really getting to know their personalities. I'm thankful that they have a wonderful home with you and your other beauties!

Sue
Sierra View Ranch

That's the pros and cons of being a breeder. Hatching them is so fun and watching them develop but parting with them is never easy. I have someone picking up some sulcata hatchlings tomorrow from me and it always stings a little. Just know that your leopards are being enjoyed trememdously. One of them is even starting to show a little white growth around the scutes. Exciting stuff.

Mick.Ire

5 Year Member
cheers must be a once off so. They're are our first from this female so it'll interesting to see what future ones are like. She is very babcocki looking too so we'll see.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
diamondbp said:
This little guys are BEAST. They eat nonstop it's unreal . Here is a few comparison shots of one of them and one of my aberrant p.pardalis. You can see how similar they are.

WOW !!!
So different.....