Pancake tortoise Breakfast & spring mix growing fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
:tort: Well here they are eating their Morning Breakfast! "well just the other Day i also buried some of that Carolina Pet Supply Russian tortoise Seed mix into their enclosure which is suppose to be for all sorts of tortoises not just the Russians, I figured i give it a try inside before i put it into their out side pen which will be for the spring time and "Man" thats stuff grows "fast"! faster then they can eat it... and as you can see i think they like the Romain Lettuce Better then what's in front of them now, which is the Spring Salad Mix. :tort:

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenmoore, PA
How are they not trampling those sprouts constantly with 7 of them in there? Do you keep them away from it?

grogansilver

5 Year Member
jeffbens0n said:
How are they not trampling those sprouts constantly with 7 of them in there? Do you keep them away from it?
:tort: No! they walk all over it and nothing happens to it! they travel from one side to another thats stuff is strong it might go down a little bit but after an hour or so its shooting back up in the air. PS: i even mist it a couple times a day with the water spray Bottle. and as far as space goes there's two sides to this enclosure 7 Pancakes believe me there's more then enough room for these guys they mainly hide in their rocks most of the times! "Oh' by the way that divider partition in the middle that connects the two together is open and there's no other tortoises in there but them! those are old photos or their enclosure! :tort:

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, love the pictures. you have a stack of cakes! i like what you have done. they look like a nice group.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
momo said:
hi, love the pictures. you have a stack of cakes! i like what you have done. they look like a nice group.
:tort: "momo" I got to "many" ill sell 1.2 CB to you $500.00 you in NY? there yours! :tort:

johanna

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Seems like all that misting an watering of those plants would make the ground too moist and the enclosure too humid for pancakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.