Past MBD???

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
This is Margo, she is a Greek/Tunisian spur thighed tortoise. I adopted her a few months ago from a lady who couldn’t care for her anymore, she lived in a small table with bark chips. Other than the very noticeable pyramiding, she seems to move around with her head tucked in most of the time and kinda stomps about with her front legs. Her limbs also look to large for her shell. Her shell is completely hard. She is other wise very healthy, she eats a lot and loves to explore her outdoor enclosure. Let me know what you think of her, I’ll post more pics later

026958A3-711F-40FA-88A8-81019D0486A2.jpeg CA916471-2705-4ABB-B417-47AFE8FCC20D.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hold her on her back to try to make her take her head out REAL far as she tries to right herself and while her neck is stretched out, give it a good inspection to make sure there isn't a sliver or piece of bark or something stuck alongside her neck (making her not want to put her head out).

I've seen tortoises with the large-leg-to-shell thing you're talking about, but I don't see it in these pictures.

Give her a nice long soak, then inspect her all over thoroughly to make sure there's nothing stuck in her skin that's bothering her.

Philip Rome

Hampshire
This is Margo, she is a Greek/Tunisian spur thighed tortoise. I adopted her a few months ago from a lady who couldn’t care for her anymore, she lived in a small table with bark chips. Other than the very noticeable pyramiding, she seems to move around with her head tucked in most of the time and kinda stomps about with her front legs. Her limbs also look to large for her shell. Her shell is completely hard. She is other wise very healthy, she eats a lot and loves to explore her outdoor enclosure. Let me know what you think of her, I’ll post more pics later

View attachment 277018 View attachment 277019

We have a Greek in a similar state. He can stick his head out, but can hold his weight on his back legs. He pulls himself around by his front legs in his tummy.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
She can move around very well, she can even pick up a lot and f speed once she gets going. Her legs are strong and can hold up her body weight. When she moves however, her front leg movements are very over the top and dramatic. She keeps her head in mostly when moving for long distances however when she is more relaxed her head is fully out.

Philip Rome

Hampshire
She can move around very well, she can even pick up a lot and f speed once she gets going. Her legs are strong and can hold up her body weight. When she moves however, her front leg movements are very over the top and dramatic. She keeps her head in mostly when moving for long distances however when she is more relaxed her head is fully out.

I’m very new to tortoise parenting, but I’d like to think it’s either concentration or tensing muscles.