pelleted feed?

Ellen & Toby

Location (City and/or State)
Cheshire, UK
I am debating getting a pelleted feed to supplement Toby's (Red Footed tortoise) vitamin/mineral and fibre intake. The options I have available are: 1. Mazuri from an Amazon UK seller called shelled warriors, I have no nutritional information on these though image on 1st thumbnail or 2. T-Rex Tortoise Dry Formula, nutritional info on 2nd thumbnail or 3. Zoo Med Natural Forest Tortoise Food, nutritional info on 3rd thumbnail. I have no idea what is in the mazuri pellets but both of the other options would appear to contain grain in some form or other, I thought this was bad for tortoises? The T-rex is the cheapest option with the Zoo med being the most expensive. Can anyone offer any advice on which to try?
Mazuri - Shelled Warriors.png T-Rex Tortoise Dry Formula.jpg Zoo Med Natural Forest Tortoise Food.jpg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I keep Redfoot.
Redfoot do well on a diet of part Mazuri pellets. However, those in the photo are the LS type pellets and in my experience, Redfoot wont eat it.
Pellets are not a required part of any tortoises diet. And Redfoot have such a HUGE VARIETY of foods that they can eat, if you can't find the original formula of Mazuri, don't even worry about getting any.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
@Rachel337
You are now the second member that I have seen report that their RF would eat the L.S.
I just reccomend not buying it because of my own experience. (And other posts)
So, yes. If you can find a small pack of it that isn't expensive.......
My point was that it isn't actually required. And if you can't find it. No need to worry.;)

Rachel337

Alberta, Canada.
@Rachel337
You are now the second member that I have seen report that their RF would eat the L.S.
I just reccomend not buying it because of my own experience. (And other posts)
So, yes. If you can find a small pack of it that isn't expensive.......
My point was that it isn't actually required. And if you can't find it. No need to worry.;)
Oh really? Mine loves it! She's weird though she'll eat anything. I just like to have it on hand in case I run out of fresh food. Definitely not necessary though if you plan ahead lol.

Ellen & Toby

Cheshire, UK
They do have a 200g bag for £5 that I could get to try (it gets cheaper if I buy in bulk but as a trial I don't think its too expensive). I'm not sure I would always be able to source the Mazuri... Maybe I'll trial some and just use as an occasional treat instead of a daily part of the diet, that way if I cant source it, it wont matter. I always have a good range of fresh food available, store bought and home grown so I'm not too worried since it isn't essential and if Toby doesn't like it, at 200g I'm not wasting too much. Will let you know how we get on with the L.S. Zeropilot :D