Penis flashing?

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Today I noticed Selma was doing a poop (that’s what it looked like to me at first) she had already done one in the bath earlier today. Once she’d finished pulling her head in I picked her up to find that there was no poop but a pink thing sticking out her cloaca, seconds later it went back in. I assume it was “her” now “His” penis. The tortoise is only a year old! That’s a bit young. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sulcatafriend

Usa
Selmo?
Today I noticed Selma was doing a poop (that’s what it looked like to me at first) she had already done one in the bath earlier today. Once she’d finished pulling her head in I picked her up to find that there was no poop but a pink thing sticking out her cloaca, seconds later it went back in. I assume it was “her” now “His” penis. The tortoise is only a year old! That’s a bit young. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Toretto was thought to be a female until one never forgotten bath... then every bath and every poop after that for a couple months he drug that thing around. There were days when I thought I would never get him back in his enclosure because he just wouldn’t put it away... I think it becomes an obsession for a bit when it’s a new discovery..GOOD LUCK!

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Toretto was thought to be a female until one never forgotten bath... then every bath and every poop after that for a couple months he drug that thing around. There were days when I thought I would never get him back in his enclosure because he just wouldn’t put it away... I think it becomes an obsession for a bit when it’s a new discovery..GOOD LUCK!
That’s very interesting. He seems to be very proud off himself, he’s currently stomping about with his head up high showing who’s in charge:D

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Not a day I'll forget when Lola first produced produced his bits!:eek:
A bit of a shock after a vet had told me he was about 10 years old and female.
The novelty does wear off but it seems to happen more often in the Spring - don't know if that's coincidence or if it's when he thinks he should be finding a female.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Sounds like a boy, water seems to arouse them. My tort Murphy has recently discovered his junk and spends a good part of every day now having his way with inanimate objects.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
It’s really reassuring reading about all your funny stories. Does Lola still take it out every now and then Lyn?

@Toddrickfl1, I think Murphy May be having a bit too much fun there, does he have a favourite object in particular:D

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
It’s really reassuring reading about all your funny stories. Does Lola still take it out every now and then Lyn?

@Toddrickfl1, I think Murphy May be having a bit too much fun there, does he have a favourite object in particular:D
Not one in particular but this is usually the look I get when I interrupt him :DIMG_20190630_174628633.jpg

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Selma flashed again today revealing a bit more of the penis. He’s having a hell ova time. Is it normal that he pushes his head in to get it out?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]
I think it’s pretty normal.. just keep a look out for any other disturbing actions when he’s not playing with his junk!

Mo & Bolt

Uk
Just check that this pink thing ?? Is not a prolapse have a look on the internet images and compear it to what you have seen
Gill

Logden

Arizona
Susie (we never changed his name) also "exposed" himself years ago. I thought it was her intestines or that something was terribly wrong. We took him to the vet who quickly told us it was his penis. Guess he had been dragging it around for a while because it was full of grass and dirt which only caused me more concern. Needless to say we were a bit embarrassed but also surprised at the size for such a small turtle. He's 29 now and he must have only been about 5 or 6 at the time.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Just check that this pink thing ?? Is not a prolapse have a look on the internet images and compear it to what you have seen
Gill
I’ve seen clips and it looks exactly like a penis. Don’t prolapses tend to stay outside the body rather than being able to be pulled back in?

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I’ve also noticed today that his plastron is also concaved and he has a larger, thicker tail compared to his siblings. Another indicator.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Selma flashed again today revealing a bit more of the penis. He’s having a hell ova time. Is it normal that he pushes his head in to get it out?
Lola does that and he raises a front leg and circles it in mid air - all accompanied by some huffing and puffing!